Hard and Simple Things has Moved!!

HARD AND SIMPLE THINGS HAS MOVED!! Please go to www.Sieverkropp.com and subscribe to receive the latest posts!

Monday, July 18, 2011

The name....

Now the name, The Hard and Simple Things. Living the Gospel is very simple, in that, we, as Christians, know what is expected of us. In fact, the Savior himself said, "...my yoke (or my plan) is easy, and my burden is light." Matt. 11:30. We have have what we Latter-day Saints would call "SMA" or "Standard Mormon Answers": Say your prayers, go to church, read your scriptures, give service, etc etc...
So if the Gospel is so easy why do we (...or should I say "I"?) struggle so much to do it??!?! The fastest way from point A to point B is a straight line...you know what to do; as Nike puts it: JUST DO IT!!!
Which brings us to the "hard" things. Life is so fast paced. We often are on technology and information overload. For example, I just got an iPhone a couple months ago....I now carry with me in my pocket, eight newspapers, ten books, access to all my facebook friends, my calendar, a world map, a radio, GPS, 4 hours of music, a notebook, a dictionary, a small photo album, an alarm clock, a stopwatch, and a flashlight... IS IT ANY WONDER SO MANY OF OUR GENERATION GET DIAGNOSED (correctly or otherwise) WITH ADD AND ADHD?????
The Gospel is not hard, prioritizing is hard. Seeing the forest through the trees in hard. Saying no to one more episode of The Voice, or Scrubs and yes to the Scriptures is hard! getting the bonehead mark to stay the heck out of the way so the Child of God mark can find time to have spiritual experiences is hard. Throughout the time that we hang out here, I will try to document and analyze why it is sooo hard to do the simple things.

No comments:

Post a Comment