Hard and Simple Things has Moved!!

HARD AND SIMPLE THINGS HAS MOVED!! Please go to www.Sieverkropp.com and subscribe to receive the latest posts!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My struggle...

My struggle is NOT with the Gospel. My struggle is with myself. "The natural man is an enemy to God..." Mosiah 3:19. The natural mark wants to sit on the couch when he gets home. The natural mark wants to play video games. The natural mark wants go out looking for coyotes. To be sure, the natural mark does not want to read his scriptures, or do his home teaching, or prepare his lesson for Church on Sunday. (Did I mention, this blog will contain a healthy dose of honesty??)
Thank the Lord that I have the opportunity each and every day to strive to become "...a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord..." Mosiah 3:19. Because the "saint" mark (not to be confused with the writer of the Gospel, who is much more saintly...) is always fighting to get center stage. He hangs out with my conscience, over there near the Light of Christ looking for an opportunity to push the natural mark off the stage and into the shadows where he'll get very little attention.
This blog will sometimes be the journal of that epic battle. Sometimes it'll be the play by play. Sometimes it'll be the playbook. I hope at all times it will be informative, useful, encouraging and maybe (if we're lucky) occasionally funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment