Hard and Simple Things has Moved!!

HARD AND SIMPLE THINGS HAS MOVED!! Please go to www.Sieverkropp.com and subscribe to receive the latest posts!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

I am the Lonliest Person I Know.....

I am the loneliest person I know. I dont know anyone.

When you read those words you may react by saying that I'm just blowing things out of proportion, that I am simply being pessimistic and SURELY I cant be that lonely, I MUST know SOME people, even if it is only the gas station attendent that rings up my Mt. Dew and Hershey bar every morning, the person I work with, or the guy who owns the Quick Lube downtown. And in your assumption you would be spot on!

So why would I say such things? Why would I make such a definitive statement as "I don't know anyone"? That is a great question, and I would throw it back at you! Most of us have had that experience of the missionaries coming to our home and asking the dreaded question, "who do you know that you could invite to learn more about the Gospel?" to which--more often than not--my answer has been "I dont know anyone...", which is really only half a sentence, the second half being, "...that I think would be interested."

I'm right there with you. Each of us know the Church is true, each of us know it makes us happy, and each of us want to share the Gospel with our friends, family and acquantances. So when the missionary rubber meets the action road, why do we stall?

Oblivion?

Uncertainty?

Lack of Knowledge?

Hesitation?

I would venture to say that 99.999999999999999999% of all of our reasons that we dont share the Gospel boils down to simply one word: Fear.

What will they say?

Would they even be interested?

Will this ruin our friendship?

What if I can't answer their questions?

What do I say?

Will they make fun of me?

Will they yell at me?

The Lord has said, "...be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the Living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come." ~D&C 68:6

If that doesn't sound like the Lord understands our fear of sharing the Gospel, I don't know what does! It is natural to be afraid to share the Gospel, but we are commanded to do so, and have been promised that He will stand by us.

We will be blessed and we will feel the Spirit as we share the Gospel with others.

Think about how you feel about sharing the Gospel, and why you hesitate to share the Gospel. In the next post I'll suggest some ideas for sharing the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment